Topic 5 - Lessons learnt and future practice



I think the most important thing I take whit me after this ONL learning sessions is that to search on a wider scale to achieve knowledge and to always stay curious on learning. By taking part of this course I met some extra ordinary people from different parts of the world that thought me to not put anyone in a box and to always keep an open mind to what I can learn from them. This even though I have nothing in common whit the person. I also learned how much discussion in a group of quite different people can open me up to new perspectives.
I think in the future I will try to find other ways to search for knowledge and I will try to challenge myself when seeking for help or knowledge and choose to go to sources that I might not have chosen before. 
My mind set when it comes to working whit digital tools or digital solutions I don´t think have changed that much - I always had an interest in exploring new tools and solution to be able to create progress in my teaching.  I think this course open my mind to MOCC courses and all the benefits whit those, I hope to be able to share this knowledge to my colleges and maybe even act like a mentor to those who show interest in this. 
When reading the material for this topic I got stuck whit a couple of them for my own future progress. In the report by Kukulska - Hulme et al. (2021) they listed a number of different ways to innovate pedagogic in a course and in this text some parts stuck more whit me. I really think to develop pedagogic you have to invite students into the process so the text about student as co-creatures feels very possibly to achieve to me whit very little means. I also believe that teachers have to become more aware about what digital tools students use on a daily basis and start using those as well. In one of our PBL groups topics we as a group used this approach to explore the scenario we choose to look at the scenario using different digital tools and solutions (Twitter, TikToK, Facebook and more). After we all selected a tool to use in exploring we all had to make an presentation of the chosen tool to each other. In this way I learned so much about what kind of tools are regularly used by students and how they use it and what for purpose. But also we as a group explored how these tools could be used in a more pedagogical way. That knowledge was a eye opener for me and it altered the way I look at learning from so many perspectives. 

Reference:

Open Universities report Innovating pedagogy 2021

Kommentarer

  1. Thank you for this summary! Liked the story where you crowd sourced the most commonly used tool by students. Seems like a good thing to put on regular basis that will both include the students in the education as well at educating us teachers - keeping us up to date on digital tools.

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg